Advanced Learner Loan
Learners who are studying in the UK for an Accredited level 3, 4, 5 and 6 qualifications may be eligible to receive an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of your course. Loan eligibility does not depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
You will be eligible if you are:
- Aged 19 or over on the first day of the course
- Are a UK national or have ‘settled status’
- Planning to study an accredited qualification at the levels mentioned.
You may also qualify if you are a Refugee, a Migrant Worker, or you have lived in the UK for more than 20 years.
Your nationality or residency status
In most cases, all of the following must apply. You must:
- be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
- be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay)
You may also qualify if you’re:
- a UK national, or someone with settled status, but you live somewhere else in the European Economic Area (EEA)
- an EU national or a family member of one
- not a UK national but you’ve lived in the UK for at least 20 years (or at least half of your life)
- a refugee or a relative of one
- a migrant worker
- the child of a Swiss national
- the child of a Turkish worker
- under humanitarian protection or a relative of someone who has been granted it
- staying in the UK as a stateless person (or their family member) and your course starts on or after 1 August 2018
- a serving member of the UK armed forces (or their spouse, civil partner or a dependent parent or child living with them) doing a distance learning course from outside the UK that started on or after 1 August 2017
There are also other criteria which you may fulfil – you can check out the government’s eligibility criteria here: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
London School of Business and Research (LSBR) or its affiliate centres are not financial institution or a bank. The disbursement of the Advanced Learner Loan is at the sole discretion of the lending institution / bank. London School of Business and Research or its affiliate centres are no way connected with the decision taken or can any way influence the decision taken by your financial institution / bank to lend or not to lend an Advanced Learners Loan credit to you for pursuing your education.